Monday, September 20, 2021

September 20, 2021 - Story of The Light

Story of The Light

Go here for more guidance on engaging in this year's Light a Candle with Children.

Story Preparation:
Find a place in your home to worship with the story.

Sing: Be Still and Know that I Am God

Be Still and Know I am God, Be Still and Know I am God, Be Still and Know I am God.

Center Your Mind and Body

Share the Story: of “The Light” Young Children and Worship by Sonja Stewart and Jerome Berryman

The Light (John 8:12)

Once there was someone who said such amazing things and did such wonderful things that people began to follow him. But they didn’t know who he was. So one day they simply had to ask him. And he said, “I am the Light.”

Let’s enjoy the light.

People who love the Light can become one with the Light. This is how your light becomes one with the Light of Christ. Watch.

_________, this is your light.

_________, this is your light.

Look how the light is growing. It all came from the Light here.

Look, the light is in so many places at once.

Many have come to the Light to be one with the Light. But the Light is not smaller. It is still the same…. I wonder how so much light could be given away and the Light still be the same?

There was even a day when I became one with the Light of Christ. Let’s enjoy the light.

There comes a time when the Light is changed so it’s not just in one place anymore. It can be in many places at once. Watch. You see the light is just in one place now.

I am going to change the light so it is not just in one place anymore. It can be in many places all at once. Watch.

Now I will change each of your lights so they can be in more than one place.

Even the Light was changed. The Light that was just in one place at one time is in all places at all times. So the Light can be everywhere in this room and even in other places.

Wonder:

I wonder what is the most important part of this story?

I wonder where you are in this story?

I wonder how this story helps us listen to children?

Response:


If you would like to make something that shows how this story feels to you. You may use any art materials that are available to you.

Read Scripture: John 8:12

Share: We would love you to share your responses on our Light a Candle With Children Facebook page at facebook.com/LightaCandleforChildren.



No comments:

Post a Comment