Monday, September 28, 2020

September 28, 2020: Courtney Cartwright, North Carolina

Love letter to camp...
Week Two: Longing for Guidance

This year many of our summer camping programs faced creative, spiritual and financial challenges. For many young people, camp is a significant part of their faith journey and relationships. Ministries Across Generations wanted to share importance of camp and support (financially and spiritually) the places where many people feel God's presence most.


To donate to today's camp: Caroline, North Carolina

Dearest Camp,

Since I was a nine year old little girl, looking for a place I could just be myself, you have been there for me. You gave me a place that I could be me all the time. You showed me the unconditional love of God through the many counselors, directors, and staff members you put in my life. You gave me strength to be the person God truly planned for me to be. You gave me lifelong friends who have been with me through thick and thin and who I know will always be there. You showed me that I can be a leader and that other valued my ideas and views. You also gave me a place that is always home, no matter how long it has been since I visited you.

I have been blessed to spend close to 15 years and over 52 weeks enjoying your comforts and working to give others the many blessings you gave to me. I pray that you will continue to bless my life and many others for many, many years to come.

With All My Love,

Courtney


Scripture Week Two: (From InsideOut, This is Our Prayer)
1 Kings 3:7–15


Lord God, I’m your servant, and you’ve made me king in my father’s place. But I’m very young and know so little about being a leader. And now I must rule your chosen people, even though there are too many of them to count. Please make me wise and teach me the difference between right and wrong. Then I will know how to rule your people. If you don’t, there is no way I could rule this great nation of yours.

God said: Solomon, I’m pleased that you asked for this. You could have asked to live a long time or to be rich. Or you could have asked for your enemies to be destroyed. Instead, you asked for wisdom to make right decisions. So I’ll make you wiser than anyone who has ever lived or ever will live. I’ll also give you what you didn’t ask for. You’ll be rich and respected as long as you live, and you’ll be greater than any other king. If you obey me and follow my commands, as your father David did, I’ll let you live a long time. Solomon woke up and realized that God had spoken to him in the dream. He went back to Jerusalem and stood in front of the sacred chest, where he offered sacrifices to please the Lord and sacrifices to ask his blessing. Then Solomon gave a feast for his officials.

At Home Videos

Weekly Scriptures
Read the weekly scripture each day. Find a phrase or word that speaks to you. Share your reflections with others over dinner, social media, and in prayer. Share the scripture with a child you know in the car, through a text, or in a children's Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment