Tuesday, October 16, 2018

October 16, 2018

Regions, Camps, and More - Oh My!

Rev. Allen Harris is the Regional Minister for the Capital Area. He says that he is first and foremost a pastor, keenly aware of “the power and grace of a pastoral presence in the grand moments and the tragic movements of an individual’s and a congregation’s life.”Basically... he is pretty awesome and uses social media a lot to share the quality ministry work in the D.C. area.

He wants to share his vision for you here!

Other Resources and Links

Fun for All: The Day is Waiting by Linda Zuckerman and Don Freeman
More to Learn: What is a Region?, CAMP (So Many!), Christian Church in the Capital Area


Jeremiah 29:11-14, Be a Vision that Seeks and Finds!
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

Weekly Scriptures
Read the weekly scripture each day. Find a phrase or word that speaks to you. Share your reflections with others over dinner, social media, and in prayer. Share the scripture with a child you know in the car, through a text, or in a children's Bible.


*The view represented in these devotions come from a variety of diverse perspectives. We do not seek to agree but seek to welcome all to the conversation and the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment