Thursday, October 14, 2021

October 14, 2021 - Story of Jesus and the Children

Story of Jesus and the Children

Go here for more guidance on engaging in this year's Light a Candle with Children.

Story Preparation:
Find a place in your home to worship with the story.

Sing:Be Still and Know that I Am God

Be Still and Know I am God, Be Still and Know I am God, Be Still and Know I am God.

 




Center Your Mind and Body

Share the Story: Jesus and the Children Young Children and Worship by Sonja Stewart and Jerome Berryman

Matthew 19:13-15; Mark 10: 13-16; Luke 18:15-17

Once every year the people of God go up to Jerusalem, the holy city of God, to celebrate the feast of the Passover, to remember how God led them through the waters to Freedom.

This year as Jesus traveled to Jerusalem

Crowds of people came to be close to him.

They came to hear him teach.

The little children wanted to come to Jesus too.

But Jesus’ disciples said:

“No! Don’t bother Jesus. He has important work to do.”

Then Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Do not stop them, for to such belongs the Kingdom of God.”

Jesus said, “It is true, anyone who will not receive the Kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

Wonder:


I wonder what is the most important part of this story?

I wonder where you are in this story?

I wonder how this story helps us listen to children?

Response:


If you would like to make something that shows how this story feels to you. You may use any art materials that are available to you.

Read Scripture: Luke 18:15-17

Wonder:

I wonder what is the most important part of this story?

I wonder where you are in this story?

I wonder how this story helps us listen to children?

Response:

If you would like to make something that shows how this story feels to you. You may use any art materials that are available to you.

Read Scripture: Luke 2:41-52

Share:  We would love you to share your responses on our Light a Candle With Children Facebook page at facebook.com/LightaCandleforChildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment