Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October 13, 2021 - Reflection The Boy Jesus in the Temple - Tracy Parker

 Reflection The Boy Jesus in the Temple

This story usually elicits tales from children of being lost and afraid, or hiding from their parents, and the parents having to search for them. But, once, there was a young girl who attended Children Worship & Wonder and heard something completely different than the norm from this story. At the time of wondering, Lydia wondered, “I wonder what the great teachers thought of Jesus’ parents when they realized they didn’t know where Jesus was.” That is a powerful question for the church. When we bring children in for programming, our interactions with them sometimes leads us to making judgments about their parents, caregivers, or families. Yet, with this story, we know the young boy the parents misplaced grew to be an incredible Man...the Savior of the world. May we always remember that the children we encounter might also grow to be amazing adults, no matter what the failings of the parents, caregivers, or families.

Tracy Parker, CW&W Trainer
Georgetown, Kentucky

Prayer:
God, enable me to always see the potential You hold for every child I encounter. Fill my heart with Your love, so judgement may never sway my words and actions, and each child sees only You when they look upon me. Amen

Wonder:

I wonder what is the most important part of this story?

I wonder where you are in this story?

I wonder how this story helps us listen to children??

Response:

If you would like to make something that shows how this story feels to you. You may use any art materials that are available to you.

Read Scripture:
 Genesis 1:1-2:3

Wonder:

I wonder what is the most important part of this story?

I wonder where you are in this story?

I wonder how this story helps us listen to children?

Response:

If you would like to make something that shows how this story feels to you. You may use any art materials that are available to you.

Read Scripture: Luke 2:41-52

Share:  We would love you to share your responses on our Light a Candle With Children Facebook page at facebook.com/LightaCandleforChildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment