Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14: A story from Riley & Vaylen

Week of September 13
God, I continue to ask for help. When will you listen to me? I cried to you about the violence, but you did nothing!  
- Habbakuk 1:2

Do you have a story about a time when no one would listen? Did God listen?

"During a storm a while ago I prayed to God that he would protect my family. The storm grew stronger and soon we were getting weather alerts for a tornado. I began praying more to God as we prepared for the tornado, getting to the lowest center level of the house. The storm continued on, but was dying down. Eventually the storm ended and we found out it was really just a bad thunderstorm. God had come through and had listened."

Riley, Age 13 
& drawing by Vaylen, Age 7 
Freedom Church 
Mount Sterling, Kentucky

No comments:

Post a Comment