A friend of mine told me that her tactic for building relationships with the women and men of the large, bureaucratic institution in which she worked was to always ask them about their children and families. Our love of children and our families, whatever form they take, is the great equalizer.
Tomorrow begins the annual Prayer Vigil for Children leading to the interfaith National Observance of Children's Sabbath. In this time of hyper-criticality, divisiveness, and partisanship, we disagree on many things but we all have families. We were all children. Some of us have adult children, some of us know only children in our places of worship, and some of us are immersed in the hectic childrearing years.
All of us have a responsibility to raise children and support those who raise children. Jesus reminds us that we are to open our children's path to the Divine. We are to let the children come to him and avoid placing a stumbling block before even a single child.
During the next seven weeks join with me in praying daily for all of our children.
Find Daily Meditations
- On the web at http://lightacandle.blogspot.com
- Receive them via email by signing up (upper left corner) at http://lightacandle.blogspot.com
- In printable booklet format at https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByMSIzFEbPDQOEtRQVZBeVlNTmM/edit
- On Facebook at the Disciples Care for Children group page https://www.facebook.com/groups/126316780781679/
- Be notified via Twitter by going to http://www.twitter.com/Pray4Children and following
Posted by Tim Graves.