Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Giving a Blessing of Experience



A little more than twenty years ago I walked into my dorm for my freshman year of college. I was set on an adventure a thousand miles from home. I didn’t realize that cold September day that, that day was a blessing not just for me, but for my children. Studies tell us that children with parents who have graduated from high school are more likely to graduate from high school or college. That is a blessing, a blessing to be shared with other children. God calls us to mentor, nudge, and encourage others so they may also be blessed.


Prayer
As I walk through the day today, let me recognize my blessing. Remind me to bless others with encouragement, mentoring and faith in their success.


Pat Barton
Chalice Christian Church
Gilbert, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment