Monday, September 22, 2014

Marvelously Set Apart

Tuesday, September 23, 2014


You are the one who created my innermost parts; you knit me together while I was still in my mother’s womb. I give thanks to you that I was marvelously set apart. Your works are wonderful-- 
I know that very well. Psalm 139:13-14 CEB (1) 

Children learn and develop both good and bad habits from us. They learn how to see themselves from how we see ourselves. Sometimes when we look in the mirror all we see are imperfections and things we want to change.

Children will notice. 

What if we looked in the mirror and saw the beautiful things? Children will see that too. The Psalmist reminds us that God knit us together before we were born to be set apart, to be us. 

All God’s children are made up of different shapes, different abilities, and different gifts. Let us celebrate that. Show all of God’s children how wonderful they are, exactly the way they are.   

Wonderful, creative God, we give you thanks for making us exactly the way we are. Help us to see all of ourselves as wonderful and set apart by you to do marvelous things. May we show the children in our world how wonderful and marvelous they were made. Amen. 

Rev. Kim Crowley
Associate Minister
Seventh Street Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Richmond, Virginia

___

(1) Copyright © 2011 by Common English Bible

1 comment: