Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The 8-Year-Old Prophet


Day 4: September 18, 2013


The scripture seems clear: share what you have with others. While it’s simple to remember the material and financial, I believe today’s prophet would add the emotional.

I counsel camp to give back. This summer I got more than I gave. An 8-year-old girl came up to me and said, “you’re pretty” and left. It was a simple exchange. She gave of herself, leaving behind more power and love than she will ever know. 

She reminds us of the power we hold to not only share of the material but also of our core being, where God dwells within all.

You who dwell deep within all of Creation, remind us to give of our whole selves to a world in need. Amen.

Rev. Kate West
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)

Des Moines, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment